One of the things that makes Sacred Heart so special is the parent commitment to the school. Each family is required to contribute 40 service hours toward the functioning of the school from June 1st to May 31st each year. We want you to know that your contribution of time and talent is greatly appreciated. Not only do you help facilitate many important school initiatives, but you are an integral part of our faith and learning community.
Parent Participation Policy and Guidelines:
- Each family submits a $750 cheque dated May 31, 2015 with their child's school registration. If a family chooses not to complete the minimum hours, the $750 deposit cheque will be cashed. Service hours completed to date will then be refunded at a rate of about $18/hour.
- Please enter your volunteer hours as you work them or at least monthly - these hours must be entered on the onvolunteers.com website. You can login to the site through the On-Volunteer Portal found on the parent menu.
- Parent participation hours worked for 2015 must be entered by the end of January and all remaining hours for the 2015/2016 school year must be entered by May 31st, 2016
- Reports will be downloaded at the end of May and cheques will be cashed in early June for those families who have no parent participation hours recorded.
- In order for babysitting hours to qualify as parent participation hours, you must be providing this service for another school family to enable them to complete their volunteer hours.
- If there are extenuating and unusual circumstances that will impact your ability to meet your parent participation hour commitment for the year, please contact the parent participation coordinator as soon as possible.
- Please check the school website and the Wednesday letter regularly for volunteer opportunities.
Together we will do great things. Thank you for your support.
Plan Your Parent Participation:
Completing these steps will help to accomplish the following;
- It will help to ensure each family has a plan for completing their hours and there's no panic towards the end of the year to complete them,
- It helps the school compile a list of names of those interested in particular areas.
Involvement in Dinner Dance, Walkathon, Maintenance and Supervision are our biggest priorities and require the most help. Please volunteer a minimum of 4 hours on fundraising and four hours on either Maintenance or Supervision.
Attempts will be made to accommodate your requests / preferences, but may not be possible depending on demand.