Volunteering / Parent Participation
One of the things that makes Sacred Heart so special is the parent commitment to the school. Each family is required to contribute 40 service hours toward the functioning of the school from June 1st to May 31st each year. We want you to know that your contribution of time and talent is greatly appreciated. Not only do you help facilitate many important school initiatives, but you are an integral part of our faith and learning community.
Policy and Guidelines:
- Each family submits a $750 cheque dated May 31 of the next school year with their child's school registration. If a family chooses not to complete the minimum hours, the $750 deposit cheque will be cashed.
- Please record your volunteer hours as you work them or at least monthly. These hours must be entered here on the school website.
- Parent participation hours worked between June 1st 2023 - May 31st 2024 must be entered by May 31st, 2024
- Reports will be downloaded at the end of May and cheques will be cashed in early June for those families who have no parent participation hours recorded.
- In order for babysitting hours to qualify as parent participation hours, you must be providing this service for another school family to enable them to complete their volunteer hours.
- If there are extenuating and unusual circumstances that will impact your ability to meet your parent participation hour commitment for the year, please contact the parent participation coordinator as soon as possible.
- Please check the school website and the Friday letter regularly for volunteer opportunities.
Together we will do great things. Thank you for your support.
Plan Your Parent Participation:
Completing these steps will help to accomplish the following;
- It will help to ensure each family has a plan for completing their hours and there's no panic towards the end of the year to complete them,
- It helps the school compile a list of names of those interested in particular areas.
Involvement in Dinner Dance, Walkathon, Maintenance and Supervision are our biggest priorities and require the most help. Please volunteer a minimum of 4 hours on fundraising and four hours on either Maintenance or Supervision.
Attempts will be made to accommodate your requests / preferences, but may not be possible depending on demand.