Click the image to see What We're Up to in Class 1...
- Long Vowels, vowel teams (ea, ai, etc...), digraphs (ch, sh, th, etc...)
- SIGHT WORDS: some, as, then, could, when, went, want
- WORDS THEIR WAY (spelling) -
- PRINTING: word space, lower case letters
- AUTHOR STUDY: Ezra Jack Keats,
- Novel Study: Lulu and the Brontosaurus by Judith Viorst
- Place Value: vocab 'ones, tens'
- Ordinal numbers to 20
- Living Things: Polar Bears, Penguins
- Daily and Seasonal Changes (on going for the year), winter
- First Nation Season wheel, Animals
- Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day, Canada
- Chapter 8: Jesus Teaches Love
HEALTH AND CAREER EDUCATION
- Physical Changes: Ways my body grows (losing teeth, getting taller, getting stronger, and better at doing things like holding a pencil, being able to throw further)